From the raw novice with "computerphobia" to ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence) standard, I offer tuition and training to help individuals and small businesses get the most from their systems. I can:
- explain what a computer is and what it does in simple, non-technical language
- install free software on your computer to give you practice in mouse and keyboard skills
- explain what the Windows operating system is and how it works
- introduce you to basic word processing
- show you how to surf the Web and manage e-mail (I'll even set you up with a free e-mail account, if you need one)
- help you with your digital camera and/or scanner
- give instruction on any CLAIT or ECDL module with which you may be having difficulty
- if you are in business, train you and/or your staff in the Microsoft Office suite or the free Open Source equivalent, LibreOffice
I am particularly keen to help members of my generation, the "Silver Surfers", embrace the technology and get the most from their computers.
Please feel free to contact me with your individual requirements. With over 20 years experience in teaching ICT I can design a course to meet your specific needs and deliver it personally on your own computer.
Here are some testimonials from satisfied customers (originals available on file):
- I completed the ECDL course with Mr Stuart Hatch as my tutor, who I found to be most polite, approachable, helpful and thorough. My overall computing skills have vastly improved, particularly in Word & Excel. Stuart helped make the Powerpoint module fun & interesting. I would recommend learning with Stuart as he is very knowledgeable and his teaching skills are excellent.
- Last year (2004) under Stuart's guidance I took and passed the "European Computer Driving Licence" course at St Mary's College. The lessons were always well prepared and Stuart had a good working knowledge of computers. He would take time with a problem or explain something you did not understand and this was a great help to me passing the course.
- When I was asked to be voluntary secretary for Japan Mission I approached Stuart for help, as all their documentation was still done manually. Stuart introduced me to Microsoft Word and Access, concentrating on the skills I urgently needed to update the records and to send out letters & receipts. Next I was taught how to use Excel, & how to record & keep financial records. I also learnt how to safely transfer data to Japan. Stuart set up my Email so I had a personal & professional address. This helped me considerably. Throughout my training Stuart has planned the Tutorials to develop the skills required for my voluntary work and he has always shown extreme patience.
- Stuart is totally reliable, he turns up when he is expected and I always know that the work he is doing will be carried out to a very high standard. When he teaches computer skills he does so in a clear, logical and easily understood manner and at the pace of the learner. When I first used his services I was not very computer literate and after a few lessons I had acquired enough skills to be able to use my computer, with confidence, for word processing and e-mailing. Stuart has never pushed to give lessons which were not necessary, nor has he tried to teach me new skills before I felt ready. I shall certainly ask Stuart to teach me again, in fact I would never consider asking anyone else for help.